The ANYWHERE Hands-on training activity on new tools to support real time response during weather induced emergencies is intended to representatives from the different Public Protection and Disaster Relief (PPDR) organisations around Europe that will be trained in the use of the A4EU platform to support the operational emergency response in front of potential severe weather-induced events. The participants will be able to interact with professional meteorological forecasters, as well as with the operational staff belonging to the Pilot Sites that are using the platform in their emergency control centres and the technological developers who have deployed the different prototypes.
The Training Activity is developed under the auspices of the Anywhere Project, and it will be held on 6th-7th March at the Spanish Civil Protection School (ENPC) located in Madrid (Spain). Lectures on basic aspects of the forecasting products included for a variety of potential weather-induced hazards will be complemented with practical sessions where participants will practice with the tools applied to case studies derived from real emergency situations.
Important remarks to be taken into account:
• There are no fees for the participation in the ANYWHERE Training activity.
• The participants to the training activity shall assume the their own transportation and accommodation costs (exceptionally the ENPC can offer a free room at the resicence upon request on the registration form).
• The Training Organizing Committee will cover the main meals and coffee-breaks, as well as the daily transportation (shuttle bus) of participants (to reach the city centre, the hotels located nearby in Rivas and/or the Airport).
• All the lectures and practical activities will be held in English language.
• The tools are based on web-applications, so participants shall bring their own laptops.
• The participation to the training activity is limited to 60 participants, so filling the request does not automatically guarantee the acceptation to the training session. A later confirmation will be sent to applicants prior to the Training development. In case of receiving more registrations than available places, the participation will be limited to a single person per Organisation. We encourage you proceed with the registration as soon as possible.
• Registrations to the training activity will be open from the 10th January 2019 until the 15th February 2019.